Saturday 9 September 2017

New Mother Discovers That She Was Breastfeeding The Wrong Baby After Mix Up


Lisa Carthy is the proud mother of her 4-month-old baby named Amira. She was admitted to the local hospital, Pinderfields Hospital, three weeks before her due date and it was in the month of March when she delivered her baby girl by an emergency C-section.

The baby was experiencing some breathing difficulties at the time so she was placed in an incubator in special care.

However, when Lisa finally got her baby back and began breastfeeding her, she realized she was given the wrong baby!

Lisa was nursing her baby for the first time ever when she looked down and noticed that the baby’s name tag did not match.


In an interview, Lisa said: ‘I was nursing the baby when I noticed the child’s tag had the name of another woman on it. I said to the nurse: ‘I think you’ve put the wrong tag on my baby’’

She continued on by saying: ‘She didn’t stop me breastfeeding while she went to check and came back with the ward manager. They told me: ‘There’s been a mix-up. I don’t think this is your baby. I think your baby is in the room next door.’’

Following the mix-up, Lisa was forced to take a blood test to ensure that she did not pass HIV onto another woman’s child. She also claims she now has difficulty bonding with her daughter.


Lisa then asked the nurses why her baby had been moved but she wasn’t given a reply. She said that she was ‘so shell-shocked’ since she had just given birth the day before.




The hospital has said that the nurses were not aware that Amira had been moved to a different cot so they accidentally led Lisa to the wrong child.

No comments:

Post a Comment